Wednesday, September 2, 2009

kafka on the shore

this weekend I finished reading for whom the bell tolls by ernest hemingway. he certainly has a strange style of writing, mostly that he employs the word thou and thy and all that jazz. it's kind of funny. i really enjoyed it, in retrospect, but while I was reading it I almost wanted to die. maria really got on my nerves, as she's portrayed so fucking needy. I mean, i know she went through some shit and what not, but she totally got on my nerves. plus the schizophrenia of robert jordan was kind of fun. sometimes. othertimes it was super duper weird and page skipping lame. oops. I know I should have liked it more. i'm giving this book one paw up. srsly.

anyway, i'm on to bigger and better things. I'm finally well into reading kafka on the shore. I really love murakami's style of writing. it's so easy to read, and sweetly introspective. every thought is chosen so delicately. it's so great! after that I'm going to begin reading the heartbreaking work of a staggering genius. i'm hoping to really get more reading done before school starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment