Monday, September 28, 2009

dear summer.

we had so many good times together. we drank too much though, so after today we're taking a break.

i'm going to miss the rooftop hanging sessions. long bikerides in the throbbing heat. long days. good burritos. horchata. laying on my couch with the windows open while fatty gives me a pedicure. the river. the glorious beautiful river. white wine spritzers. have bro sessions in backyards. the warm breeze moving the trees.

i guess i'm kind of bummed that it's over, but i really need to have more structure in the week. otherwise it makes me want to die being just at work. how do people seriously work here? are they joking? jesus. It's really a moot point though. I like summer for so many reasons. this year though ... bad things happened a lot it seemed. I feel better now that all of it has passed and I can stand up while everything around me sheds this years growth. I love the effects of spring. of fall. we shed and we grow in mysterious ways all at once. harvest moons are going to be so much more beautiful this year.

All changes, even the most longed for have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves, we must die to one life before we enter another. - Anatole France

also, i can't fucking wait to go to the corn maize this year. i have a feeling we will be rolling deep with all the crews. ven diagram styles! maybe hit up the lighthouse inn or the always classy casa diablo. oh yeeeeea.

No comments:

Post a Comment